Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Rental - Mary Kay Andrews (June 2011)


This was the second book I read on the iPad2 and I chose this one after seeing it at the top of the list on iBooks! I downloaded the sample first (a really COOL feature I may just have to use for any book I want to buy – digital or paperback) and about 10 minutes later I was purchasing the rest of the story.

Taking place on the Outer Banks of North Carolina we are introduced to three friends with a past dating back to their days in private Catholic school together. They come to North Carolina from across the globe, to spend one month together in a rental house soaking in the rays of the sun on the beachfront property. Each of the three ladies comes with their own story as does the rental home: Ellis (unemployment), Dorie (dealing with her husband’s infidelities with another man) and Julia (anxious and afraid to settle down and marry the man of her dreams). Following the story of the ladies, you too will want to pack up for a month and head somewhere new with your closest gal pals in tow!

As the story progresses we come to learn more about Ty Bazemore, their attractive landlord, a day-trader by night as well as a mysterious woman named Maryn that the ladies feel compelled to take in to their rental home and their curious imaginations! Reading this story you too will be drawn into each character and their “baggage”, which unfortunately, must catch up with all of them by the end of this novel.

Mary Kay Andrews’ made me laugh and also made me cross my fingers for a future blockbuster! Periodically I would even stop think about which Hollywood celebrity could fill the part of each character. A younger Meryl Streep would be perfect for Ellis!

No comments:

Post a Comment